9 Mispronounced Words That Can Make You Sound Dumb
Let us "ax" you a question: Are you ex-specially annoyed when people mispronounce certain words? Do you judge them and degrade their intelligence? You're not alone.
There's a whole army of word watchers out there--kinda like the grammar police. They're paying attention to the way you pronounce commonly-used words. Say your words and phrases carefully, ex-specially the nine ones that make you sound REALLY dumb when you mispronounce them.
- Libarry. Where you get yer books.
- Aks. 'Nuff said.
- Ex-presso. Former coffee?
- Sherbert. Sure, Bert, I'll have some sherbet or sorbet.
- Febuary. Our second month has a second R.
- Pacifically. Or...Atlantic-ly?
- Ex-specially. Uh-huh.
- Could of. Maybe we should have left this one off the list.
Got any others to add? Send 'em in, Jerome.