4-Second Workouts (Yes, :04) You Can Do Right Here in CNY
Let's face it: we're doing a lot of sitting around during this pandemic. But, there IS some good news.
A medical journal called "Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise" discovered that you might be able to enjoy health benefits by working out for just FOUR SECONDS at a time. That's right, :04. Researchers made people peddle a stationary bike as hard as they could for four seconds, followed by a 45-second break, and repeated that five times, for eight hours of the day. Total time: 2 minutes and 40 seconds of actual exercise.
The health of participants improved within just 24 hours. Triglyceride levels in the blood were 30% lower. With these results in mind, here are some 4-second exercises you can do right here in the Mohawk Valley:
- Sprint from Utica Roasters to Peepers
- Run up the flight of stairs at Munson-Williams
- Dash around one-third of the Oneida Square roundabout
- Cycle from Delmonico's to Tavolo
- Bunny-hop around one of the statues on the Parkway
- Eat one half-moon cookie at Holland Farms while doing four jumping jacks
MORE: See absolutely chilling photos of empty public spaces worldwide