Winter Storm Threat Causes Closings And Early Dismissals For CNY Schools
A winter storm warning has forced several schools to make early dismissal protocol and some schools have even closed. According to the National Weather Service heavy snow and icy conditions are expected throughout the day.
The schools listed above have called for early releases and closings, but we will continue to provide more schools and more details as they become available.
The National Weather Service issued a Winter Storm Warning that will remain in effect until 7 a.m. Wednesday for Oneida County and 4 p.m. for Herkimer County.
Keep Up To Date
Take us everywhere you go with our new App. Listen live with all of your favorite shows with fewer commercials. The new app lets you call, message or tweet at us anytime or send us photos and videos. The app also gives you the ability to receive notifications about breaking news, weather alerts, traffic advisories and school closings happening in and around Central New York.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.