Large Winter Storm Bringing Wintry Mix End Of Week Time
The National Weather Service is tracking a large winter storm that could bring a wintry mix of snow and rain to Central New York.
Beginning Thursday afternoon and continuing through Friday morning, we could see a lot of White Christmas:
Best chance to see sleet and/or freezing rain is Thursday evening into the overnight hours. Potential for highest ice accumulations across NE PA at this time.
Significant accumulations of both snow and ice are possible. We will keep you updated.
Take us everywhere you go with our new App. Listen live with all of your favorite shows with fewer commercials. The new app lets you call, message or tweet at us anytime or send us photos and videos. The app also gives you the ability to receive notifications about breaking news, weather alerts, traffic advisories and school closings happening in and around Central New York.
Winter Weather Preparation:
- Keep your cell phone charged and make sure you know where your backup power supply is.
- Make sure all your flashlights have fresh batteries.
- Fill your gas tank. You can use your car to keep warm and recharge devices.
- Have some food available that you don’t need to cook.
- Download the STATION App. You’ll receive local alerts, weather reports and more with push notifications.